Sunday, October 3, 2010

a new family.

well Sunday has come and gone for me here and we have 19 of our 20 students here so far, and i love them all. this morning we went to church and i was just overwhelmed and amazed all at the same time. Oxford Baptist church is my new church for the next few months and its great. its a really small church, so our school was about a third of the congregation. the people there welcomed us with open arms, and prayed for us and just blessed us. Our group is already feeling a connection, and really turning into a family. when we got back from church we just hung out on the slack line for a bit, then a few of us broke out into a soccer game on the back field. barefeet in the grass and the sun. it was amazing. I can tell I will probably get into shape pretty quick here. After lunch us "youngins" (the two other 18 year olds and i, who just so happen to both be american) went for a walk. we didn't really know where we were going, or had any plan, we just went.
the country side is so beautiful. I am constantly amazed by Gods creation. the three of us just laughed and bonded together as we made our way down some windie (if thats how you spell it) roads tormented some sheep, and went through prickle bushes as i dared ryan to climb this eucalyptus tree. He didn't climb it just for the record. we did have a fairly extensive chat about trees and plants, i smiled as it reminded me of home a little :P
we had our big welcome dinner tonight and were introduced to all the staff. we also got our class information booklets and discussed schedules as classes start tomorrow morning. and from this point on, i will now be waking up at 6:30 every morning. which will be an adjustment for me.
I love it here, I have been so happy and probably haven't stop smiling the whole time I've been here. We have people from all over the world, here for the exact same reason. and we all love God and just want to worship him and tell the world about it. its amazing. after dinner tonight, i was sitting with some of the european guys just talking about culture and lifestyles, and just hearing about how diverse our world is, is incredible. We have 2 guys from switzerland, 1 guy from sweeden, 1 from nederlands. one of my roomates is from denmark, another from germany, one from california, and the last from ontario. We are all so different and yet we are here because of a calling from the Lord. He has placed the same thing on each one of our hearts, but the callings are still unique. The conversations that develop are so cool.
I guess its time for me to get some sleep. So excited for classes!
night all.
( Cristina and I in our room. She is the other 18 year old girl from California)

No comments:

Post a Comment