Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bunny hugs and doodle socks.

Lectures have now commenced, and I'm super excited. It has been pretty basic so far, but amazing all at the same time. Yesterday was incredible. We just had introduction classes, followed by one amazing worship service. afterwards, we ended up breaking out into a random dance party. Almost a warrior dance. Afterwards I learned how to shoot bread ties, and hit people really hard, so Seth and I ended up in a full out war all around the dinning room trying to hit each other. We eventually calmed down (I won just for the record) and a few of us stayed in the dinning room and chatted for a while. Only to be disrupted by an earthquake. Nothing major, but my first earthquake none the less. Last night was amazing. I love my family here.
This morning, Denver(our school leader) talked about worship, and the different forms and the development of it through the years. Followed by an amazing time in worship. Then after we talked about hearing God's voice after. And how he is so unique to each one of us, and knows how we are best reached, and how we hear him. It was really cool. We ended up getting the afternoon off, and for the first time in a couple days we could go outside without freezing. So I read a bit of my first book I'm doing a book report on. It's called "is that really you God" by Loren Cunningham. So far its really good. After relaxing in the sun for a while, a few of us made our way into Oxford and looked around. It is such a cute little town. We met a couple of the local girls on the swings and went into a few shops. I felt a little like I was in Stars Hollow. It is probably about the same size, with the nicest people just walking around. Tonight a few girls and I ran through town at dark, and just enjoyed how peaceful it is. Later about 15 of us walked through town again.
As we were walking, one of the guys Isaac had his harmonica and let me play it for a bit (life long dream to learn to play) so that was really cool. Our team is bonding really fast, and developing friendships really quickly. These people have become like family to me, and I love them all.
I should get some sleep, more to blog later.
and just for clarification, bunny hugs are what one girl called hoodies, and doodle sock is what my swiss friend calls bag pipes.
:) cheers

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa Russell would be happy to share his harmonica with you. He always was really good at playing it and the Jew's harp. (And the fiddle too) And did you mean bag pipes?
    Good to read your blog. We miss you.
    Love Momma

    ReplyDelete