Friday, October 1, 2010

land of the long white cloud

well, about 27 hours of travelling and I'm here. sitting in the student lounge on a computer because I dont have my laptop set up yet.
After arriving in Christchurch with one other girl and two leaders waiting, the four of us set out to the city for a little sight seeing and some food. Christchurch is beautiful, full of old architecture, and beautiful buildings. After consuming a chocolate chip muffin and some pepermint tea we made or way into Oxford. Oxford isn't quite as glamorous, but I like it. It is deffinately the country. Lots of feilds, a few horses, and yes some sheep. But it is great. There are a few beautiful gardens/trees for us to excape and be with the Lord or just relax as well as a few hangout rooms, a prayer room, and so much more. I wish I could accurately portray what it looks like here. Once my laptop has internet I will post some photos.
It has been a super laid back day, ate some lunch, played a few hours of volleyball in the sun, and have two very dirty feet to show for it.
I've met so many people its a little hard to keep all the names straight but I think I'm getting it. A new batch of students should be here soon. Then supper after! My jetlag is kicking in a little, and my body isn't used to waiting until 10pm my time to eat. But it'll get there.
The place is a lot different than I imagined, just with the amount of space there is to just be. I feel like I'm missing have the people around here because I have no idea where they are. But I think I may have already found of my favorite places to relax. Outside my room there is a small deck. It sits nicely in the sun without being too hot. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time there just reading and praying. I've already found some books to spark my interest in our library.
I apologize for probably the many spelling and grammar mistakes, I have no spell check on this computer. haa.
cheers,
becky.
ps. thank you all for the many cards and letters, it made my flight so much better. :)

1 comment:

  1. More words should be making there way to you soon, I don't know exactly how long it takes to mail a letter from here to New Zealand, but I figured it's worth a try. A little more fun than facebook dontcha think? I'll try and get them in the mail tomorrowish! Miss ya.

    ReplyDelete