Monday, December 13, 2010

t-5 days

So my time at the oxford base is quickly coming to an end, as I leave for Thailand in 5 very short days.
my time here has been amazing, but I don't want to reflect too much because it isn't over yet, and so I don't want to get into that mindset yet.
However, this will be my last blog on here for a while, but I will post the link to my Thailand teams blog, which will be updated far more regularly than this one. Apologies once again for that.

But as a parting message, for a while at least, I will leave you with a little taste of the daily things I encounter here in Oxford.

-7 different languages (including "american")
-countless sheep
- pressing a button on the top of the toilet or on the wall to flush
-light switches that go down to go on
-stay to the left, while driving and walking
-you must turn outlets on for power to flow through them, again flip switch down
-stubbies
- sweet as
-daily tea breaks are mandatory
-cookies are called biscuits 
- all stores close at 4 (in oxford at least)
- the same breakfast everyday
- if the shirt doesn't totally stink wear it
-daily work duties
- the most amazing stars i've ever seen
- anytime toast
-sitting in the student lounge way too late laughing about way too much
- 13 girls, 2 bathrooms
- wearing shoes only when necessary
- tim tam slams
- you can go into basically any store without shoes and not worry about it
- seagars
-hedgehogs
- no free running dears, only in fences
-horses, and horse drawn carriages 
- an awesome chef cooking for us
- sand flies! (worst thing ever!)
- sleeping bag every night
- sharing a room with 5 girls
- random dance parties
- retro vans
- "have i taken a shower today?"
- breath taking views
- music always playing somwhere
- after shocks
- HAIRY men!



My Thailand teams blog; please follow and pray for us. http://thaitorches.blogspot.com/
cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment