Wednesday, February 16, 2011

hello again

Hello All,

Wow, it feels like such a long time since I blogged on here, and so much has happened since I did. In my last port I put a link to our outreach teams blog, so if you would like an update on my life in the last two months you can check there. But for now I could give you just a brief summary. Basically, I went to Thailand for 8 weeks and traveled all around and came along side other backpackers and shared the gospel with them. It was some of the craziest, most stressful, fun, exciting, challenging times of my life. You know despite what you might think, telling people about Jesus isn't always the easiest thing... okay I'm sure you know it isn't always rainbows and butterflies. But in all seriousness it was incredible. Being able just to step out into a world and a culture so unknown to myself and meet people living a totally different lifestyle than I used to can provide some really interesting and thought provoking conversations.
We flew from Bangkok, home to Christchurch on Feb 12, and were happily greeted by my dear YWAM family that I hadn't seen in 2 months. Needless to say it was fantastic seeing them again, and there was lots of story swapping and hugging for hours.

Our last week here on base looks very similar to lecture phase before we left for outreach. We have a regular daily routine of work duties, meals and worship and prayer. The only difference is our lectures now are more geared towards re-entry of when we get home, what is next for our lives, and what God has done for us throughout our outreaches. It has been really incredible so far just realizing what all He has done, and beginning to see the plans that He has next for me. I am still uncertain on a lot of things, but I know His plan will be revealed in His time.

With only a couple more days at base we are all trying to make the most of our time together and really cherish every moment we have. Tonight we had a time of worship and then praying for each other and whats next after DTS and it was awesome just being able to lift my brothers and sisters up as we all get ready to set out on the next adventure and phase of our life.

Friday is our graduation, and i'm going to do my best to blog about how it goes afterwards, as long as internet is available. and then I will be traveling to Australia for 10 days, and back to New Zealand for 9 more.
more updates on me will come soon, but for now sleep is needed.

God bless.

1 comment: